Saturday, June 29, 2013

DOWNLOADING IPAD APPS TO YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER AND SYNCING THEM WITH YOUR IPAD

Some people download iPad apps from iTunes directly to their iPads. I find it more convenient (sometimes) to use my Windows computer.For example, if I’m on my laptop and see an interesting app on Facebook or Pinterest, I don’t want to have to write myself a note (gag) or send myself an email with a link or put a link on Dropbox--three of the 14 ways to get this information on my iPad. 
  • If you do not already have iTunes installed on your laptop….
  • Click the link in Facebook or Pinterest to open iTunes and read about the app.(You might have to click a link to open a website and then click a link to open iTunes). 
  • Click on the Download ($ or Free) button. You can view all the apps you have downloaded on your Windows computer by clicking Apps in the left panel. I usually collect several apps before syncing them to my iPad.
  • Connect your laptop and your iPad by unplugging the USB cable from your iPad’s charge block and plugging it into a USB port on your laptop.
Connecting iPad and Windows Laptop
  • On your laptop, you will see the message Syncing Apps to [your iPad’s name].
  • The apps will appear on the first iPad screen where space is available. (Because my large collection of apps is organized into folders on the first screen, all newly downloaded apps appear on the second screen.)
Directions with Additional Images (pdf file)

No comments: